Thursday, 15 August 2013

Musings on a Starry Evening

I've spent the last few weeks stressing out. Quite a bit, if I'm perfectly honest.
A lot is changing in my life right now, and it has been scaring me.
Tonight, when I was supposed to be getting ready for a singing lesson, I went and lay down in the front yard, and just looked up at the stars. 

And as I was looking up at them, I was just suddenly overwhelmed once again by the size of the skies, and by the multitude of the stars. It was just so beautiful. So immense. So incredible.

I was worried about the changes in my life... My God has created this incredible universe, yet I was worried about change. Looking up at that star-filled sky, my fears seemed so silly, so pointless. My God is all-powerful, awe-inspiring and almighty. He has plans for my life (and for everyone else's lives too!) and if I listen to Him, and follow His lead, I have no reason to fear.

Those beautiful skies got me thinking about the words of my favourite hymn...

"O Lord my God, 
When I in awesome wonder, 
Consider all 
The worlds Thy Hand hath made.
I see the stars, 
I hear the rolling thunder, 
Thy pow'r throughtout
The universe displayed. 

Then sings my soul, 
My Saviour God to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, 
My Saviour God to Thee, 
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!" 

1 comment:

Violet said...

Thanks so much for posting, Daisy! Yes, the stars are a powerful reminder that God is in control, aren't they? Don't worry or be anxious about all the changes of life ~ He is in control!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." ~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Praying for you, my friend!
From,
Violet :)

PS I love that hymn too! Such powerful words! :D