Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Lord, I want to be just like You!

Recently, our family bought a record player and we are loving listening through our 500 record collection again at long last!!! I have particularly been enjoying listening to old favourites that I haven't heard since I was a child. And the one that sticks out in my mind is Psalty - particularly as Daisy, Lily, Hyacinth and myself were involved in a Psalty production in 2011 that Daisy directed. Well, our family dug out my old Psalty favourite - Kid's Praise #3 - and I fell in love with the music all over again! The song that really stuck out to me is this one:

Just Like You


I wanna be, Lord, just like You! 
In all the good things that I wanna do.
Listen to my heart Lord, yes it's true!
When You give Your peace
And You share Your joy 
And You show Your Love
Oh Lord, I wanna be like You.

I want to be like You
Lord Jesus, yes it's true
I want to be like You
Give Your peace
Share Your joy
Show Your love, Lord 
I wanna be like You!

This has turned into my prayer over the last few days! I struggle all the time to follow the Lord as I should in my daily life and it is so easy for me to grow frustrated at the sin that I must battle with every day, and to forget that the Lord is helping me and with me every step of the way. But it is amazing that the Lord gives us an earnest desire to grow to be more like Him, and this song just awakened that desire in me again. Father, help me to grow to be more like You and to desire to be like You even though it is hard to follow You every day. And may this be the desire of any of my brothers or sisters in Christ if they read this post, that they may remember that: 

Pinterest

and that 

Pinterest

God bless! 



 






3 comments:

Daisy said...

Thanks for the reminder, Violet!! And I just LOVE that song so much - so many memories!! :D
xx

kryer981 said...

It's become a prayer for me, too. Jesus died so that we may be just like Him.

Violet said...

Aw thanks Daisy! Yes, I have so many memories through Psalty too! ;)

That is so true kryer981! I'm so glad to have a Saviour like that! :D God bless! :)

~ Violet <3 ~